- Using the Linux Command Line
- The Linux Directory Tree
- Linux Shells and Basic Commands
- Changing Passwords
- Your Home Directory
- User Information
- Linux User Default Files
- Linux User Profiles and Paths
- sudo and su –
- Listing Files and Going Deep Into Filesystems
- Linux: Creating and Deleting Directories and Files
When a new user is created, the default files and directories that are created are stored in /etc/skel.
This directory can be modified to fit your needs. Modifications will only affect new users; they do not change anything for existing users.